SGEducators Terms & Conditions
What should I take note of?
Before you start your journey with us
Thank you for supporting SGEducators (‘SGEducators’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’). By signing up or otherwise using the SGEducators features, services, websites, and other forms of software applications (‘eLearning Features’ or ‘Service’), or accessing any content or material that is provided by SGEducators, you are entering into a binding contract with the SGEducators entity.
By accepting the Agreements, you have acknowledged that you have read and understood the terms and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree and cannot comply with our Agreements, you cannot use the SGEducators Service or use our Content.
Please read the Agreements as they will cover important information about the SGEducators Service provided to you. The Agreements will feature information on any future updates to the Agreements, privacy information and dispute resolution via arbitration rather than in court.
Any information that you, as a membership registrant, have provided during the signup process can be corrected and amended. Please make sure that any erroneous information is corrected and that your profile information is accurate and up-to-date.
Before you can join as a member of SGEducators Smart Learners Club (‘Club’) to use the SGEducators Service and access the Content, you must be 18 or older, or be 13 or older and have your parent or guardian’s consent to the Agreements. You must declare that any information pertaining to any form of registration made and submitted to SGEducators is true, accurate, and complete, and you will make sure to keep it that way at all times.
Updates to the Agreements
The management of SGEducators may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements When we make changes to any part of the Agreements, we will send an email notification that highlights the key changes. We may notify you in advance. Your continued use of the SGEducators Service, following the changes to the Agreements, will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Hence, it is your responsibility to read and understand the changes to the Agreements carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the SGEducators Service, in view of the changes to the Agreements, you can deactivate and delete your account.
Blog Writing and other forms of User-Generated Content
Members of the SGEducators Smart Learners Club may post, upload, and/or contribute (‘post’) content to the SGEducators Service (which includes graphics, text, and other types of content) (‘User Content’).
By accepting the Terms and Conditions, with regards to any User Content that you put up on SGEducators, (1) you have the right to post such User Content, and (2) such User Content, or its use by SGEducators as stated by the Agreements, does not violate the Agreements, applicable law, or the intellectual property (including without limitation copyright), publicity, personality, or other rights of others or any artist, band, label, entity or individual without express written consent from such individual or entity.
SGEducators reserves the right to monitor, review, or edit User Content. In all cases, SGEducators also reserves the right to remove or revoke access to any User Content for any or no reason, including but not limited to, User Content, that, in SGEducators’ sole discretion, violates the Agreements. SGEducators may undertake these actions without prior notification to you or any third party. The removal and revoking of access to User Content shall be at our sole discretion and we do not promise to remove or revoke access to any specific User Content.
It is your sole responsibility for all User Content that you post at SGEducators. SGEducators is not responsible for User Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in any User Content. You agree that if anyone brings a claim against SGEducators related to User Content that you post, then, to the extent permissible under local law, you will indemnify and hold SGEducators harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind arising out of such claim.
SGEducators is against any violation of intellectual property rights. Please make sure that you take note of the following to ensure fair usage and distribution of User Content at SGEducators.
- You are not permitted to copy, redistribute, reproduce, display, or make available to public any part of the SGEducators Service or User Content, or otherwise making any use of the SGEducators Service or User Content which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law or which otherwise infringes the intellectual property rights, including copyrights in the SGEducators Service or User Content.
- You are not permitted to sell or rent any part of the SGEducators Service or User Content.
- You are not permitted to remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or any other intellectual property notices contained on or provided through the SGEducators Service and User Content.
- You are not permitted to provide your password to any other person or use any other person’s username and password.
- You are not permitted to use automated software, like bots, scrapers, and spiders, to ‘crawl’ the SGEducators Service to collect information from SGEducators.
You are reminded to respect SGEducators, the owners of the User Content, and other users of the SGEducators Service. Please do not engage in any activities, post any User Content, or register and/or use a username, which is or includes material that:
- is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or proprietary rights of SGEducators or a third party;
- includes your password or purposely includes any other user’s password or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- includes malicious content, such as viruses, Trojan horses, malware; or otherwise interferes and undermines user’s access to the SGEducators Services;
- is intended to or does harass or bully other users;
- impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- uses automated means to artificially promote content;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, such as chain letters, junk mail, or similar;
- involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, or pyramid schemes, that are not expressly authorized by SGEducators;
- links to, references, or otherwise promotes commercial products or services, except as expressly authorized by SGEducators;
- interferes with or in any way disrupts the SGEducators Service, tampers with, breaches, or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the SGEducators Service, or SGEducators’ computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of SGEducators’ security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the SGEducators Service, the User Content or any part thereof; or
- conflicts with the SGEducators Agreements, as determined by SGEducators.
You acknowledge and agree that posting any such User Content may result in immediate termination or suspension of your SGEducators account. Also, you agree that SGEducators may reclaim your username and account for any reason.
The SGEducators Service include social and interactive features that promotes community engagement amongst members and the moderators, including the ability to post User Content, share content, and make certain information about you in public.
Please take note that any information shared or publicly available may be used and re-shared by other users on SGEducators or across the web. SGEducators bears no responsibility for your decisions to post any User Content on the SGEducators Service.
Please take note that your password protects your user account. It is your sole responsibility to keep your password confidential and secure. If your username or password is lost or stolen, or if you believe that there has been an unauthorized access to your account by third parties, please notify us at email@example.com immediately and change your password as soon as possible.
Infringement & Reporting of User Content
As a user, if you believe that any User Content infringes on your intellectual property rights or other rights, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you SGEducators is notified by a copyright holder that any User Content infringes a copyright, SGEducators will take action without prior notification to the provider of the User Content. If the provider believes that the content does not infringe on any copyright, the provider may submit a counter-notification to SGEducators with a request to restore the removed content.
Service Modifications & Limitations
In view of unforeseen technical difficulties or maintenance that occurs regularly, there may be temporary interruptions that affect your usage of the SGEducators Service. SGEducators reserves the right to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, functions and features of the SGEducators Service, with our without notice, all without liability to you, except where prohibited by law, for any interruption, modification, or discontinuation of the SGEducators Service.
You understand, agree, and accept that SGEducators has no obligation to maintain, support, upgrade, or update the SGEducators Service, or to provide any specific content. This section is enforced by applicable laws. SGEducators and/or the owners of the User Content may, from time to time, remove any such Content without prior notice.
Trial Classes & Tuition Programmes
- The Terms and Conditions for the trial classes by every participating tuition centre in SGEducators will be specified in their own websites. Please make sure that you have read them before you enrol in the trial classes.
- SGEducators is not held liable for any disputes that arise before, during and after the conduct of the trial classes by the participating tuition centres. We advise members to contact the administrators of these tuition centres to clarify any doubts thoroughly.
- SGEducators is not responsible for any disagreement over the rewards, like goodie bags, given to trial class attendees.
- All trial classes listed on our site are free, unless otherwise specified. Should our participating tuition centres demand payment, please mail to email@example.com.
Giveaways & Other Rewards
The SGEducators Smart Learner Club members are entitled to participate in our Giveaways to receive rewards. You agree to only accept the rewards that are given to you, and refrain from any attempts to manipulate the reward system by creating multiple accounts or providing artificial and multiple responses. You acknowledge that SGEducators’ decision with respect to any reward given during the Giveaway shall be final and binding. No disputes will be attended to.
These Terms and Conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices are the Competition Rules (‘Rules’) and apply to Competitions (‘Competition’) featuring in any SGEducators unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, members of SGEducators Smart Learners Club (‘Entrant) agree to be bound by these Rules.
- Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice for such Competition (‘Competition Notice’) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- SGEducators reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without prior notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances (catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, any Act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside SGEducators’ reasonable control). Any changes will be posted either within these Terms and Conditions or the Competition Notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decisions of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be taken into consideration and accepted.
- To qualify for any SGEducators Competition, you must register as a member of SGEducators Smart Learners Club. To qualify for the Competition, you must be a resident in Singapore. The address you provide with your Competition Entry (‘Entry’) may be used to send any prizes or rewards.
- SGEducators reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any Entrant is disqualified from the Competition, SGEducators in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further Entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original Entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed, unless stated otherwise. Any Entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and SGEducators discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner has made more than one Entry, SGEducators reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the same way and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. You can refer to the specific Competition Page to get the details. Failure to submit by the closing date will result in disqualification.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. If it becomes apparent that a participant (Entrant) is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term, such as the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. SGEducators cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, SGEducators does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- Prize winners will be chosen, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within stated number of days from the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the SGEducators publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. SGEducators reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of SGEducators and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. SGEducators reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- SGEducators does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although SGEducators will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way, this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- In consideration of SGEducators agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that SGEducators (and third parties authorised by SGEducators) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant SGEducators (and third parties authorised by SGEducators) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- SGEducators does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. SGEducators may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic (e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason).
- Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, SGEducators reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
SGEducators cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. SGEducators is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude SGEducators’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and SGEducators reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by SGEducators for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist SGEducators to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- By providing SGEducators with your personal data you consent to SGEducators transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as Singapore. If SGEducators does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
- SGEducators may arrange for photographs and/or video footage to be taken at events and used for promotional purposes. This may include printed documents or media, editorial coverage, advertising press and use on the internet. Participants of the SGEducators Events (‘Event’) who do not wish for their image to be used in this manner must notify us prior to the event.
- By submitting registration details, attendees agree to allow SGEducators and companies associated with the event to contact you as required for the organisation and administration of the event.
- SGEducators reserves the rights to cancel or postpone the Event without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances that are beyond our control. SGEducators will not be liable for any costs incurred by the attendees of the Event.
- Each attendee shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and is bound by them in all aspects.
- To participate in any SGEducators Campaign (‘Campaign’), all participants must register as a member of the SGEducators Smart Learners Club.
- As a participant of the Campaign, you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign that are set by the organisers of SGEducators. SGEducators reserves the rights to make changes to the Terms and Conditions of the Campaigns without prior notice.
- All members shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions in the Campaign and are bound by them in all aspects. Therefore, it is your sole responsibility to read through the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign thoroughly before participating and using any of the SGEducators Service and post User Content.